Do you know what really happens when cats are declawed?View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
At Animal Kingdom Pet Hospital (AKPH), our veterinarians perform many ophthalmic surgeries that include, but are not limited to:
- Cherry eye
- Ectropion repair
- Entropion repair
- Meibomian Gland (Eyelid Tumor) Removal
Neutering refers to the surgical procedure in which both testicles are removed. This will eliminate the occurrence of testicular cancer and reduce the chance of prostate cancer. Also, can help with behavior problems such as marking and wandering.
When an invasive procedure is required, it will be handled and monitored by our skilled team using the latest and safest in veterinary anesthesia, using top of the line monitoring equipment.
We partner with an orthopedic surgeon. That means our clients are able to receive orthopedic procedures, pre and post op exams, and consultations without having to go to multiple clinics.
Spaying is a surgical procedure in which both ovaries and uterus are completely removed from your female pet. The risk of mammary gland tumors, ovarian, and/or uterine cancer is reduced or eliminated, especially if done before the first heat cycle.
Our veterinarians use laser technology when surgery is deemed appropriate for the treatment of canine or feline mass removal. Laser surgery can debulk or, with some tumors, entirely remove a pets’ cancerous growth while minimizing the effects on surrounding tissue, reducing or eliminating bleeding and pain, thus hastening the healing process. The benefits of laser surgery for a mass removal include:
- Less bleeding
- Less Pain
- Reduced Risk of Infection
- Quicker Recovery Time
- Cells left behind are cauterized/burned leaving less chance of returning
Our veterinarians are experienced in providing specialized care and treatment for exotic companion animals. We understand their unique health needs and can provide diagnostic, therapeutic, and surgical services. These include but not limited to:
- Egg Binding (Reptiles and Avians)
- Eye Enucleation (Common with Hedgehogs)
- Fracture Repairs (All Species)
- Laceration Repairs (All Species)
- Ovariohysterectomy (Spay) & Neuter (all small animals and primates)
- Rectal prolapse correction (Most frequently Reptiles and Avians)
- Splenectomy (Common with ferrets)
- Tumor Removal (All Species)