Want to keep your pet cool and comfortable this summer? A few changes to your normal grooming routine can help.View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Animal Kingdom Pet Hospital (AKPH) uses Digital radiology techniques which are set apart by the use of a computer-based image capture system. Unlike conventional film-based radiology, digital radiology utilizes an electronic detection device to measure x-rays emitted through tissue. Unlike the x-ray machines of old, these newer systems are smaller, faster, and more environmentally friendly. The sensors that work in place of traditional film exposures are considerably more sensitive than film, which results in images that are available for review by the veterinarian or radiologist within seconds. Further, an all-digital process means that doctors have a higher degree of freedom to manipulate the exposure and store/send images electronically.
Ultrasound offers a non-invasive, non-painful method for the diagnosis and staging of many diseases. Ultrasound is the best way to evaluate fluid filled and soft tissue organs. The following are common uses:
- Infection or stones in the urinary bladder, kidneys, or gall bladder
- Enlargement of the lymph nodes, prostate, or other organs
- Evaluate stomach or small intestinal wall, or see an intestinal foreign
- Evaluate Heart Disease
- Tumors including splenic, transitional cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma,
- Fluid evaluation of the thoracic cavity